Only this time, he was extolling the virtues of Chambers Bay.
Maybe to a fault.
The USGA’s executive director hosted a preview of the mysterious U.S. Open course south of Seattle and suggested that even the best in golf will have little chance unless they arrive early and play often.
“The idea of coming in and playing two practice rounds and having your caddie just walk it and using your yardage book, that person’s done,” Davis said. “Will not win the U.S. Open.”
In the three weeks since that bold prediction, the reaction has been, well, predictable.
“We’ll play for second,” former U.S. Open champion Webb Simpson said at Quail Hollow with no shortage of sarcasm.
“What’s Mike Davis’ handicap?” asked Rory McIlroy, another U.S. Open champion and the best player in the world, something Davis is not. It was a playful reminder that amateurs who run tournaments should not underestimate the skill of those who do this for a living.
Dressmaking - 1993
But when no one is looking, out they'll pop for an afternoon of musical fun among the peonies, roses, and lilacs of a gorgeous bouquet. This enchanting portrait originally painted on delicate silk by famed artist Lena Liu has now been recreated on a Tine porcelain collector's plate. And like exceptional collector's plates that command hundreds of dollars on the plate market, "Magic Makers" appears to have ...
Home economics - 1999
Waves of beauty — — — ^. n/ Created from a brand new masterpiece by Plate Artist Hall of l amer Lena Liu Side view ... "Crown Jewels Wings fluttering in Cast, happy rhythm, two tiny hummingbirds hover and dart from rose to lilac as the ...
Collectibles Market Guide and Price Index, Limited Edition: Plates, Figurines, Cottages, Bells, Graphics, Ornaments, Dolls and Steins
Art objects - 1994-11-01
Sheldon Epps to Leave Artistic Director Post at The Pasadena Playhouse
- The Pasadena Playhouse announced today that Sheldon Epps will leave his post as Artistic Director at the end of the 2016-17 season. Epps will continue his long affiliation with The Playhouse when he assumes the role of Artistic Director Emeritus.
- A 26-year-old man yesterday crashed a Koenigsegg Agera, a Swedish supercar worth 26.5 million Yuan (£2.7 million), in the Chinese city of Chongqing. The driver, named only as Mr Liu, has been detained by the police for 'driving under the influence of
- You know these guys that left. I think because it's lots of us quality it's easy for us and obviously when you do in that much or most honest it's heaven and there will be books and on the strong hides them from another Liu would you get Obama also
- It ditches the familiar format of smart guy prowling a set with zillions of special effects to make the technical stuff go down easy in favor of a talk show recorded before a live audience in New York City's Rose Center for Earth and Space, home to the
- Mrs Middleton, who founded her Party Pieces business in 1987, recommended seating children on a separate table at dinner parties and said 'teenagers will love a [non-alcoholic] mocktail party'. She suggested using disposable plates instead of hiring